You know, I just can't walk past a mirror without taking a self portrait.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Resnick Pavilion - Eye for the Sensual

Eye for the Sensual: Selections from the Resnick Collection, is one of three exhibits currently on view in the Resnick Pavilion at LACMA. Sensual it is: The gallery rooms are not painted white, rather they are decorated. Decorated with dark paint or wallpaper with contrasting moulding. Mirrors are artfully used to allow the viewer to see all sides or sculptures resulting an illusion of even bigger spaces. The art blends into the environment rather jumping off the walls. The entire experience not just the art is 'sensual'.
Mirrors of course adding another dimension for myself. If you are a follower of my blog you are certainly aware of my penchant for self portraits.









There you have it , an pictorial overview of the gallery rooms with me in every shot.

All images copyright Peter Politanoff

No comments: