You know, I just can't walk past a mirror without taking a self portrait.

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Baking A Clafoutis, 2015.09.13

Time to diverge from the usual boxing. It is 7;30 am on a Sunday morning, with a late night flight looming, I decide to leave my children (young adults really) with a treat. So I decide to bake a clafoutis. For those not familiar; per wiki!

Clafoutis (French pronunciation: ​[klafuti]Occitanclafotís [klafuˈtis] or [kʎafuˈtiː]), sometimes in Anglophonic countries spelled clafouti, is a baked French dessert of fruit, traditionally black cherries,[1] arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The clafoutis is dusted with powdered sugar and served lukewarm, sometimes with cream.


I start by playing some music, music just given to me by a friend the night before. Sadly she won't benefit from the results. But perhaps next time - when I have returned.

Next I drain 2 cans of cherries (dark & sweet) and place them in a buttered pie dish.

I mix the ingredients that will make the custard. Eggs, butter, milk, sugar & flour.

Pour the mixture over the cherries.

Put the dish in a preheated oven at 400 degrees.

Set the timer for 40 minutes,

And do the dishes!

After 40 minutes the baked custard is a rich dark golden brown.

Aren't my kids lucky!!!

As always all images and text are copyright Peter Politanoff and may not be used without explicit consent. Thanks Reiko for the music!

No comments: