You know, I just can't walk past a mirror without taking a self portrait.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Surfing at Breakwall Redondo Beach - 2012.01.06

Today was 'Big (Wave) Friday', for some unknown reason it has always happened on a Wednesday, but this year it's a 'Big Friday'. I had shot at the Manhattan Beach Pier earlier in the day, but at lunch I had heard it was really big at Breakwall. I had been wanting to shoot this surfing spot on a big day, so today was my opportunity.
Afternoon shots on the West Coast are always problematic, the sun is low in the sky and the surfers and the waves are backlit. To complicate matters even more there was a great deal of spray in the air, reducing visibility and focus even more.
These are todays shots.













As always, all images are Copyright Peter Politanoff (aka RedStarImage), all restrictions apply. Do not repost without appropriate photo credit.

No comments: